Celestron Travel Scope 70mm f5.7 AZ Refractor Telescope Kit
The Celestron Travel Scope 70mm f5.7 AZ Refractor Telescope Kit is designed for portability and ease of use for both astronomical and terrestrial use. Its refractor-style optical tube assembly (OTA) has a respectable aperture that gathers copious amounts of light, and a shorter focal length that produces a moderate magnification potential.
A photo-style alt-az pan/tilt head easily mounts the OTA with a simple screw and has a single control handle that allows for smooth movement and locks the altitude in place for hands-free use to minimize vibration. Supporting it all is a photo-style tripod that collapses low enough for tabletop use and extends to full-sized height.
The included erecting prism corrects views horizontally and laterally so the Celestron Travel Scope 70mm f5.7 AZ Refractor Telescope Kit can be used as a conventional spotting scope, and it comes with two eyepieces offering 20x and 40x magnifications—although any 1.25″ astronomical eyepiece may be used. Everything in this kit—OTA, tripod, head, and accessories—fits inside the included canvas backpack to make it as portable possible.
- Superior optics: The Celestron Travel Scope 70mm f5.7 AZ Refractor Telescope Kit features high-quality, fully-coated glass optics, a potent 70mm objective lens, a lightweight frame, and a custom backpack to carry it all. Its quality is unmatched in its class and against competitors.
- Powerful eyepieces for up-close viewing: Our telescope for astronomy beginners is equipped with two high-quality eyepieces (20mm and 10mm) that provide low- and high-power views of celestial objects at night and terrestrial objects during the day.
- Large 70mm objective lens: Our refractor telescope is equipped with a large 70mm aperture objective lens that provides enhanced, brighter views compared to the 50mm model while adding very little additional weight. Setting up and using the Travel Scope is quick and easy.
- Bonus bag, tripod, and software: This Celestron telescope and full-height tripod can be taken anywhere in the included travel backpack. Accessories also include a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs.
- 70mm aperture
- f/5.7 focal ratio
- 400mm focal length
- Achromatic refractor optical design
- Anti-reflection fully coated optics improves light transmission, color rendition, sharpness, and contrast
- Resolution: 1.99 arcsec, Raleigh; 1.66 arcsec, Dawes
- 1.25″ rack-and-pinion focuser
- Integrated dew shield prevents condensation at night, and minimizes glare during the day
Mount and Tripod
- Manual pan/tilt photo-style alt-azimuth
- Control handle for easier pan/tilt and subject tracking
- Locking handle sets altitude
- Integrated level
- Easy-use photo-style
- Lightweight and durable aluminum legs
- Four leg sections allow it to be set on a table or extended to full-height
- Simple snap-locks allow for fast setup and breakdown
- 1.25″ diameter barrel accepts most astronomical filters
- 10mm produces 40x power, 50° apparent field of view, 67′ field of view at 1000 yards (22m @ 1000m)
- 20mm produces 20x magnification, 50° apparent field of view, 131′ field of view at 1000 yards (44m @ 1000m), 19′ (5.8m) close focus distance
- 45° angle puts head in comfortable position for celestial and terrestrial viewing
- Integrated erecting prism corrects view horizontally and vertically for land use
- 1.25″ diameter eyepiece holder accepts many eyepieces and accessories
- 2×24 Finderscope:
- 5x magnification produces a wide field of view to make finding subjects easy and star-hopping navigation faster
- Straight-through viewing
- Water and tear-resistant canvas
- Holds scope, tripod, mount, and accessories
- Padded interior protects gear
Celestron has been an optics industry leader for decades, ever since Tom Johnson unveiled the game-changing C8. We strive to continue his legacy by continually developing exciting products with revolutionary technologies. Here, you can learn all about our patented, one-of-a-kind innovations.
Celestron 70 Specs
|Optical Design||Achromatic Refractor|
|Aperture||70 mm / 2.8″|
|Focal Length||400 mm|
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter||1.25″|
|Material of Tripod||Aluminum|
|Weight||3.3 lb / 1.5 kg|
|Package Weight||6.1 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||18 x 13.8 x 6.7″|