Pentax 10×50 S-Series SP Binoculars
These Pentax 10×50 S-Series SP Binoculars are designed for both astronomical and terrestrial use.
They feature large oversized fully multicoated 50mm objectives to reduce reflection and maximize light transmission through the entire optical path.
Utilizing the traditional porro prism configuration gives scenes a rich depth of view for an immersive observation experience and provides a comfortable feel in the hand with a lot of surface area to maintain a sure grip.
The large objectives and coatings maximize the amount of light getting to the user’s eyes for exceptional low-light capabilities, and their high 10x magnification provides an immersive observation experience whether users are bird watching or comet hunting.
The binoculars sport a generous 13mm eye relief and the fold-down eyecups seal against the ocular cavity to block stray peripheral light which can dim images.
Their over-sized objectives add weight and bias the center of gravity forward making user fatigue a concern and hand-shake a possibility, so to aid long observation sessions the binoculars can be mounted on a tripod using an optional adapter.
- 10x magnification
- 50mm objective lenses
- BAK4 porro prism optical path
- Anti-reflection fully multicoated optics
- 341.3” field of view at 1000 yards
- 64° wide angle of view
Use and Handling
- Closed bridge configuration
- Large knurled center focus wheel
- Right-eye diopter adjustment
- 13mm eye relief, 5.0mm exit pupil
- Fold-down rubber eyecups seal against ocular cavity and block stray peripheral light
- Rubberized armoring protects against impacts and provides slip-resistant grip
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
Pentax SP Specs
|Objective Lens Diameter
|Angle of View
|Field of View
|336′ @ 1000 yd / 112 m @ 1000 m
|Minimum Focus Distance
|18.2′ / 5.55 m
|Exit Pupil Diameter
|7.8 x 6.5 x 2.3″ / 19.8 x 16.5 x 5.8 cm
|32 oz / 907.2 g
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|9.45 x 8.85 x 4.35″