Pentax SP 20 x 60 WP Binoculars
Exceptional quality meets high-end expectations.
- The Pentax SP 20 x 60 WP Binoculars with large objective lenses incorporated in the design allow for contrast-rich, bright viewing under all light conditions.
- Premium multi-layer coatings assure the maximum light transmission through the binocular. The result is bright, crisp, true-to-life images in the widest range of viewing conditions.
- Specialized protective coating (SD models only) repels dust, water and grease to keep your optics clean and your image quality at its peak.
- Rigid body construction makes these binoculars extremely rugged to maintain optical alignment. This ensures comfortable viewing throughout the life of the product.
- Waterproof and nitrogen-filled (JIS Class 6) to handle the most extreme weather conditions (submersible to 1m).
Designed for both astronomical and terrestrial use, the Pentax SP 20 x 60 WP Binoculars can be used with confidence in all weather and conditions. The large oversized 60mm objectives are fully multicoated to reduce reflection and maximize light transmission through the entire optical path. Utilizing the traditional porro prism configuration gives scenes a rich depth of view for an immersive observation experience and provides a comfortable feel in the hand with a lot of surface area to maintain a sure grip. The large objectives and coatings maximize the amount of light getting to the user’s eyes for exceptional low-light capabilities.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details made for the outdoors. The optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed for fogproof performance and to make them submersible to as much as 3.3′. The binocular sports a generous 20mm eye relief and the fold-down eyecups seal against the ocular cavity to block stray peripheral light which can dim images and affect night-adjusted vision. Its over-sized objectives add weight and bias the center of gravity forward making user fatigue a concern and hand-shake a possibility, so to aid long observation sessions the binocular can be mounted on a tripod using an optional adapter.
- Optical Performance
- 20x magnification
- 50mm objective lenses
- BAK4 Porro prism optical path
- Anti-reflection fully multicoated optics
- 115.5′ field of view at 1000 yards
- 44° angle of view
- Use and Handling
- Closed bridge configuration
- Large knurled center focus wheel
- Right-eye diopter adjustment
- 21mm long eye relief, 3.0mm exit pupil
- Fold-down rubber eyecups seal against ocular cavity and block stray peripheral light
- Construction Details
- Rubberized armoring protects against impacts and provides slip-resistant grip
- Nitrogen-filled, fogproof and submersible to 3.3′ (1m)
- Internal focusing system helps to maintain waterproof seals
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
– We recommend a good tripod with binocular adapter for comfortable extended viewing
– Suggested tripods and adapter – See on Check out
– Order online today for tracked courier delivery to your home or workplace
– Or order for store pick up (please check for stock availability first)