Canon 10×20 IS Image-Stabilized Binoculars
Building on the success of their larger IS binoculars and borrowing the Lens Shift Image Stabilization from their EF lenses, the Canon 10×20 IS Image-Stabilized Binoculars are powerful, versatile, and compact.
Compensating for hand-shake to make them ideal for a long day of bird-watching, nature-watching, or enjoying your favorite sporting event.
The Lens Shift Image Stabilization cancels possible shaking made by movement and vibration by incorporating a continually adjusting vibration gyro mechanism that moves the IS lens vertically and horizontally.
With the choice of either Normal or Powered IS options, you can choose the right mode for the situation to deliver the best performance.
Beyond the image stabilization performance are optical features that improve overall image quality. This begins with Canon’s antireflection Super Spectra Coating system to reduce light loss and improve image contrast across the entire visual spectrum.
Next, a Porro prism optical path provides a rich depth of field to enable users to better judge distance between objects while delivering a wider field of view versus similar roof prism models.
A field-flattener corrects spherical aberration for distortion-free views, especially at the edges. The binoculars run on one included CR123 battery. Designed for portability and ease-of-use, they measure in with a compact length of well under six inches and weigh less than a pound.
- High 10x magnification brings distant subject in close for detailed observation and identification
- 20mm objective lenses helps to maintain a compact form factor for easy packing, carrying, and handling
- Porro prism optical path provides a wider field of view versus roof with a rich depth of field for an immersive 3D visual effect
- Field-flattener lens system corrects distortion and spherical aberration for crisp views, especially at the edges
- Broadband Super Spectra Coating system reduces color bias, lens flare, and ghosting to deliver sharp views with improved contrast and accurate color across the entire visual spectrum
- 6.6-foot minimum focus distance allows detailed observations of small birds, bugs, flora & fauna at close range such as at feeders, flower beds, or window boxes
- 278.25-foot field of view at 1000 yards
- 3-element / 2-group objective lens design
- 4-element / 3-group eyepiece lens design
- Choose Normal IS or Powered IS to deliver the correct performance depending on whether the subject is moving or still
- Makes it easy to maintain a high-magnification view, especially in situations where body movement or strong shake might occur
- Lens Shift Image Stabilization system is effective in canceling out shaking made by movement and vibration
- Incorporates a continually adjusting vibration gyro mechanism that moves IS lens both vertically and horizontally
- Simple push button delivers up to 5 minutes of continuous operation
Use and Handling
- Compact and ergonomic design provides a comfortable feel in the hand
- Protective rubber armor provides a slip-resistant grip
- 56-72mm interpupillary distance adjustment accommodates users of all sizes
- Center focus wheel
- Comfortable 13.5mm eye relief
- 2mm exit pupil
- Runs on one included CR123 lithium battery
- Weighs less than one pound for easy carrying and handling
- Includes case and strap
Canon 3640C002 Specs
|Objective Lens Diameter||20 mm|
|Angle of View||5.3° (Actual)|
|Field of View||278.3′ @ 1000 yd / 92.4 m @ 1000 m|
|Minimum Focus Distance||6.56′ / 2 m|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||2 mm|
|Eye Relief||13.5 mm|
|Interpupillary Adjustment||55 to 72 mm / 2.2 to 2.8″|
|Battery||1 x CR123A|
|Dimensions||5.6 x 4.6 x 2.7″ / 14.22 x 11.68 x 6.86 cm|
|Weight||15.2 oz / 431 g|