Canon 15×50 IS All-Weather Image Stabilized Binoculars
Outfitted with their proprietary Vari-Angle prism electronic image stabilization system, the Canon 15×50 IS All-Weather Image Stabilized Binoculars are an ideal optic for bird and nature watching, marine use, or astronomical use.
Their quick-response time and ±0.7° correction angle easily compensates for the common hand-shake that can make viewing through binoculars of this magnification difficult or disorientating.
A single-activation button located precisely where the right forefinger naturally rests makes using them easy and allows you to concentrate on viewing without distractions.
For increased usage, the 15×50 IS will work as full-featured binoculars when the image stabilization is not being used, even if the batteries are dead or removed.
Optically, they are built with ultralow-dispersion (UD) glass elements and matching doublet field-flatteners, with their Super Spectra anti-reflection coatings to produce bright and clear high-contrast images without distortion across the entire wide field of view.
Protecting the optics and electronics is an armored chassis that benefits from ergonomically designed grips, and a standard 1/4″-20 tripod mount socket for an even steadier view.
Right-eye dioptric correction, twist-up eyecups, and a wide interpupillary adjustment range rounds out the features of these binoculars that will become your go-to optic for any outdoor activity.
- Work as conventional binoculars even with batteries uninstalled
- 15x magnification
- 50mm objective lenses
- Porro prism optical path
- Ultralow-dispersion (UD) glass elements virtually eliminates chromatic and spherical aberration for high-contrast distortion-free images with true color rendition
- Objective lens Construction: 4-elements / 3-groups
- Eyepiece lens construction: 7-elements / 5-groups
- Fully multi-coated optics using Canon’s proprietary Super Spectra Coating
- Doublet field-flatteners produce sharp, edge-to-edge distortion-free images
- Wide 67° apparent viewing angle
- 236′ field of view at 1000 yards
- Long 15mm eye relief
- 3.3mm exit pupil
- Proprietary Vari-Angle prism electronic image stabilization
- ±8.5° correction angle
- Single activation button in natural position for right-forefinger use
- 2.5 h continuous runtime at 77°F (25°C)
- Runs on two included AA batteries
Use and Handling
- Large center focusing knob
- ±3 right-eye dioptric correction
- 58 to 76mm interpupillary distance adjustment range
- Fold-down rubber eyecups use with or without eyewear
- 1/4″-20 tripod mounting socket
- Water-resistant against rain
- Slip-resistant protective rubber armor
- Environmentally-friendly lead-free optical glass
- Tethered ocular and objective lens caps
- Weight: 39.2 ounces, without batteries
Canon A002 Specs
|Objective Lens Diameter||50 mm|
|Angle of View||4.5° (Actual)|
|Field of View||236.2′ @ 1000 yd / 78.7 m @ 1000 m|
|Minimum Focus Distance||19.7′ / 6 m|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||3.3 mm|
|Eye Relief||15 mm|
|Interpupillary Adjustment||58 to 76 mm / 2.3 to 3″|
|Diopter Adjustment||-3 to +3|
|Stabilization Freedom||+/- 0.7°|
|Water Resistance||Water Resistant|
|Battery||2 x AA|
|Dimensions||7.6 x 6 x 3.2″ / 19.3 x 15.2 x 8.1 cm|
|Weight||2.6 lb / 1.2 kg|
|Package Weight||3.92 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||11.1 x 8.25 x 4.8″|